Leatt DBX 6.5 Carbon Neck Brace
The core of what makes these neck braces work is the function of directing the crash forces from your helmet to the body and bypassing the neck - Alternative Load Path Technology - ALPT®. For the ALPT® to work at its best, optimal neck braces to body fit is key. The adjustability built into all Leatt® neck braces is not just for comfort, but to ensure a correct fit that assists in optimizing ALPT effectiveness. We believe that no other neck brace can be adjusted to fit riders as well as a Leatt®. The front and rear sliding SureFit adjusters can be set for your personal body shape, without tools, in less than 30 seconds. To further optimize the fit, the comfortable CoreFlex rear thoracic strut has an exclusive feature that allows it to be adjusted in multiple angles.
The semi-rigid chassis is adjustable enough to fit most riders’ body shape while the structure remains very rigid to help transmit energy during an impact. Remember that a rigid construction is key for reducing neck forces. A brace that’s soft or gives way would drastically reduce the function or even increase neck force over time. Multiple engineered fracture points and crumple zones will bend or break away at pre-determined stress levels to help contribute to a riders’ safety.
Optimal ultra light carbon Bicycle neck brace!
- CE tested and certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC
- Engineered and lab proven by a medical doctor and Bio Medical engineers and trusted by some of the fastest bicycle racers in the world
- MaxiWeave Carbon matrix for increased rigidity and lower weight.
- Lightweight 600g still very ridged without flex
- 5.5/6.5 helmet rim striking platform design for a biomedical balanced head and helmet freedom of motion.
- 3-way adjustability
- Sliding front and rear SureFit adjusters to ensure optimum fit
- 3 angle rear thoracic strut adjustments to fit most body shapes
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit
- CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body’s natural movements
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back
- Low profile push-button open/closure system
- Easy to use emergency release mechanism for injured riders
- Engineered collarbone cut-out to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
- Injected, durable, easy to clean foam padding
- Air flow ribbed body padding for optimum ventilation
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing
- Free, optional, clear chest strap included
- Weight: 600g – 1.3 lbs